Conventional or Home Possible Loans
Arch MI offers complimentary homebuyer education for homebuyers with conventional or Freddie Mac Home Possible mortgages insured by Arch MI.
This homebuyer education is available through BALANCE, a nonprofit financial counseling organization. This course satisfies the pre-purchase homeownership education requirements of Freddie Mac Home Possible® mortgages.
Homebuyers with conventional loans may also benefit from completing the course, although it is not required.
The course covers the process of becoming a landlord, including:
- Home affordability and budgeting
- Credit ratings and credit improvement
- Real estate agent selection
- Offer letters
- Home inspections
- The closing process
- The course is completely free for borrowers.
- The course takes about 2 hours to complete.
- Borrowers receive a certificate of completion after passing the final quiz.* Borrowers are encouraged to download this certificate and send it to their lenders.
* A score of 70% is required for successful completion of each module. This course may be taken multiple times by the borrower.
- Go to https://www.housingeducation.org/pathways
- Click on Log In.
- Register by following the instructions on the page, using the information below in the last three fields:
Referred by: Arch Mortgage Insurance Company
Financial institution: Name of Your Lender
Source Code: Arch MI
- Follow the prompts to begin the course.
- Download and save your certificate of completion at the end of the course.* Your lender may require a copy of this certificate.
*You must pass all quizzes at the end of the modules with a score of at least 70%. You may take the quizzes multiple times, if needed.
Homebuyer Education Flyer
For Homebuyers with Conventional or Home Possible Loans Insured by Arch MI.
Cash Flow Worksheet
Simple Worksheets to calculate and compare budgets, pricing, offers.
NOTE: For technical issues accessing or using the BALANCE Homebuyer Education Program, please call Arch MI’s BalancePro Customer Service Team at 1.877.973.4731.