Only the Framework® Homebuyer Education meets Fannie Mae’s pre-purchase homeownership educational requirements for borrowers who qualify for the HomeReady loan program.
The Framework course covers the homebuying process, including:
- Home affordability and budgeting.
- Credit ratings and credit improvement.
- Real estate agent selection.
- Offer letters.
- Home inspections.
- The closing process.
- The course fee of $75 is currently being waived by Fannie Mae.
- The course takes about 4 to 6 hours to complete.
- Borrowers receive a certificate of completion after passing the final quiz* and completing a feedback survey. Borrowers are encouraged to download this certificate and send it to their lender.
- Go to homeready.frameworkhomeownership.org/
- Select Register Now and complete all required fields. The course fee of $75 is currently being waived by Fannie Mae.
- Follow the prompts to begin the course.
- Download and save your certificate of completion after passing the final quiz.* Borrowers are encouraged to download this certificate and send it to their lender.
*You are allowed three attempts to pass the Final Quiz with a score of 80% or better; if you do not complete the Final Quiz in three tries, you must complete an educational review over the phone to receive the certificate. Educational reviews take about 30 minutes to complete.